How do I apply?

You may apply for Aid and Attendance or Housebound benefits by Department of Veterans Affairs (Not recommended) complete information to apply for Aid and Attendance and Veterans Affairs Form 21-2680 Informal Claim. Completed applications can be emailed, faxed or mailed to this office. We are a county office and there are no charges for this service.

In addition you will need to get the following forms completed:

  • Care Expense Statement. To be completed by Assisted Living Facility or Home Care Provider and also signed by the veteran or widow.
  • Veteran Affairs Form 21-2680 Examination for Housebound Status or Permanent Need for Regular Aid and Attendance. Must be completed by a medical doctor.

Show All Answers

1. What is the Veterans Affair pension for veterans?
2. What are the periods of war?
3. Who is eligible?
4. What is countable income for veterans pension eligibility purposes?
5. What about net worth?
6. How do I apply?
7. Are there any exclusions to income or deductions that may be made to reduce countable income?
8. How does Veterans Affairs calculate your pension?
9. What are Aid and Attendance and Housebound benefits?
10. If I am already receiving monthly payments or a service-connected disability can I get a Veterans Affairs pension too?
11. What are the maximum annual pension rates?