Can I appeal to a court?

If the Board of Veteran's Affairs does not grant all the benefits you are seeking, you have four choices:

  • Appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
  • Ask the BVA to reconsider its decision
  • Decide not to pursue your claim
  • Reopen your case with new and material evidence

Show All Answers

1. What is Agent Orange?
2. As a Vietnam Veteran, what kind of benefits can I get?
3. How much compensation will I get?
4. What evidence do I need?
5. Who can get benefits?
6. What benefits can my family get?
7. What are the survivor benefits?
8. What is my claim is denied?
9. Can I appeal beyond the Veteran Affairs Regional Office?
10. Can I appeal to a court?
11. What if I served in Vietnam and have a disease not on the Veteran Affair's list?
12. What if I was exposed to an herbicide outside Vietnam?