If I am a pregnant or parenting teen, can I receive CalWorks?

Pregnant or parenting teens who have not graduated from high school are required to participate in the Cal-Learn program. Components of the Cal-Learn program include:

  • Teens must attend school and submit their report card to their Cal-Learn case manager
  • Teens are paid a bonus for satisfactory school progress or high school graduations
  • Teens who do not attend school or fail to maintain adequate school progress receive a financial sanction

Show All Answers

1. How do I apply for CalWorks?
2. Do I have to have children to be eligible for CalWorks?
3. Do I have to be a U.S. citizen to be eligible?
4. What is the maximum aid I can receive?
5. When do I report changes?
6. How will working affect my cash aid?
7. What if I'm homeless?
8. How long can I be on CalWorks?
9. If I am approved for benefits, how do I access them?
10. What happens if my electronic benefit transfer card is not working?
11. What if I have lost my electronic benefit transfer card?
12. If I am a pregnant or parenting teen, can I receive CalWorks?
13. If I receive supplemental security income/state supplemental payments, am I eligible for benefits?
14. What if I have a cash emergency?
15. What is welfare to work?
16. How do I find out information about my benefits?