How do I file a complaint in Placer County?

Code Compliance Services is complaint driven and responds only to written complaints (Complaint Form (PDF)). Placer County encourages voluntary compliance realizing that some issues are not the same and timelines may vary. It is our intent to work with property owners within negotiated timelines to a mutually satisfactory resolution. If you have questions about a possible code violation, please email Code Compliance or call 530-745-3050.

Placer County also offers a dispute resolution service available to County residents. It may prove useful, especially in resolving disputes between neighbors. For more information please contact the Placer Dispute Resolution Service at 916-771-0108.

Show All Answers

1. Who do I speak with regarding building code requirements, specifications, or installs?
2. How do I report dumping (appliances, furniture, mattresses) on the side of the road or on private property?
3. Can Code Compliance Services help me with abandoned vehicles on private property?
4. How far should a propane tank be from a dwelling?
5. Is business activity permitted in an area not zoned for such activity?
6. How do I file a complaint in Placer County?
7. A complaint has been filed against my property. What happens now?
8. What is the Code Compliance process?