Where can property owners get additional information?

The Placer Resource Conservation District is available to answer questions and/or conduct property assessments to provide site-specific advice. You can reach them at (530) 390-6680.

. The district can help determine eligibility for various funding assistance programs.

  • The district also operates a low-cost, curbside chipper program. Email [email protected] or call them at 530-889-0111 ext. 3.
  • The Placer Tree Mortality Task Force is working to identify what funding may be available to assist landowners.
  • If you own at least three acres of forestland property and have a minimum of four dead conifers per acre, you may qualify for cost-share assistance through U.S. Department of Agriculture’s NRCS Environmental Quality Incentives Program (PDF).
  • If you are at a verifiable very low income annual income level (PDF) and/or elderly, you may qualify for very low interest (1%) loans or grants (age 62 and up) through U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Section 504 Home Repair (PDF)
  • If you own at least 20 acres of forestland property, you may qualify for forest management cost-share assistance through CAL FIRE’s California Forest Improvement Program (PDF). This may not include dead tree removal. 
  • Pacific Gas and Electric is removing dead trees along powerlines. Contact Pacific Gas and Electric to see if you qualify for assistance. Pacific Gas and Electric (PDF) is also operating a debris management program for dead trees. 
  • CAL FIRE has information available online regarding Bark Beetles.
  • The U.S. Department of Agriculture has an informative brochure available online: Bark Beetles in California Conifers (PDF).
  • See the Placer County landowner assistance Frequently Asked Questions (PDF).
  • Placer County Fire Safe Alliance: The Alliance provides community assistance, information, and educational programs to help reduce wildfire risks. The Alliance goal is to have informed, educated, and fire defensible communities through a collaborative approach in a fire prone environment. 

Show All Answers

1. What can property owners do?
2. How can property owners get information about tree removal?
3. When should dead or dying trees be removed?
4. What can a property owner do with the downed timber?
5. Can logs from infested trees be sold?
6. What is Placer County doing about the tree mortality problem?
7. Are there other agencies or organizations that will remove trees?
8. How can I keep my property fire safe?
9. Where can property owners get additional information?