Where can I find out more information regarding becoming a Reserve Deputy Sheriff?

The Placer County Sheriff’s Office is continuously seeking qualified Reserve Deputy Sheriff candidates interested in assisting our Patrol Officers with the enforcement of local, state, and federal laws. This unpaid volunteer opportunity is open to anyone who possesses a current California P.O.S.T. reserve level II or level I certificate, or a P.O.S.T. basic academy certificate. Reserve deputies work a variety of details, such as:

  • Civic functions
  • Concerts
  • Foot patrol at county fairs
  • Football games
  • General patrol
  • High school graduations and dances
  • Public safety needs
  • Other local community events

You can view the Reserves webpage. For more information about the reserve program please email the Reserve office.

Show All Answers

1. Where can I find out more information regarding becoming a Reserve Deputy Sheriff?
2. I am interested in becoming a Law Enforcement Explorer. Can you give me more information about this program?
3. I would like to become a Law Enforcement Chaplain, how do I go about doing that?
4. Does the Sheriff’s Office use student interns?
5. What positions are you currently accepting applications for?
6. Where can I get information on benefits with Placer County?
7. Where is Placer County located?
8. What kinds of activities are there to do in Placer County?
9. I am interested in working an Extra Help Position. How do I find out about applying?
10. I used to work for Placer County and would like to come back, what is the process to apply?
11. I currently work for Placer County and am interested in working in the Sheriff’s Office, how do I apply for an Inter-Department transfer?
12. If I can’t find an answer to my question(s) here, who can I contact with additional questions?