I used to work for Placer County and would like to come back, what is the process to apply?

If you were a permanent Placer County employee within the last five years and you left county employment “in good standing” and wish to return to permanent or extra help employment with Placer County, you would need to complete a “Reinstatement” application for the classification you wish to reinstate into through the County’s Online job-application service. To submit an application, follow “Special Appointments (Placer County Transfer/Reinstatements). Locate the “Reinstatement” section and navigate to the appropriate command to complete an application. Navigate to classification you are interested in and follow the instructions.

For more information regarding re-instatement to your former position, please click view our employment portal.

Show All Answers

1. Where can I find out more information regarding becoming a Reserve Deputy Sheriff?
2. I am interested in becoming a Law Enforcement Explorer. Can you give me more information about this program?
3. I would like to become a Law Enforcement Chaplain, how do I go about doing that?
4. Does the Sheriff’s Office use student interns?
5. What positions are you currently accepting applications for?
6. Where can I get information on benefits with Placer County?
7. Where is Placer County located?
8. What kinds of activities are there to do in Placer County?
9. I am interested in working an Extra Help Position. How do I find out about applying?
10. I used to work for Placer County and would like to come back, what is the process to apply?
11. I currently work for Placer County and am interested in working in the Sheriff’s Office, how do I apply for an Inter-Department transfer?
12. If I can’t find an answer to my question(s) here, who can I contact with additional questions?