Fruitvale Schoolhouse Museum
Fruitvale Reservation Application
- 1.5 Acre Site
- Available For Rentals
- Exhibit of education in early Placer County
- Fruitvale School Living History Program
- Large Parking Lot
- Recreated one-room schoolhouse
About the hall
Built in 1888, Fruitvale served local students for 57 years before converting to a community hall. Here, artifacts and images recreate the one-room schoolhouse experience. A second room was added in 1923 and today, the 1.5-acre site and schoolhouse serve as a museum, hosts a 3rd-grade Living History program, and is available for rental.
This historic building captures the essence of the county’s early one-room rural schoolhouses. It features a recreated classroom with period desks and other artifacts, as well as a full kitchen and amenities for meetings and renters
- Air Conditioned
- Kitchen- refrigerator, microwave, stove/oven/grill, sink.
- Cookware, tableware, linens, etc. are not provided
- Cleaning supplies and trash bags are provided
- 40 parking spots in the lot
Tables & Chairs Available
- 11 Tables
- 70 Chairs
Fees & Use
No hourly rates available
- Full Access (including grounds): $350 per day
- Two Rooms with Kitchen Access: $200
- One Room with Kitchen Access: $100
- Meeting (Two Hours or Less): $40
- Educational Use $50* (upon Approval by County) *50% reduction applied.
- Service Group (Upon Approval by County): 50% fee reduction
- Security Deposit: Double the Rental Fee
- 205 - Maximum
- 68 – Banquet
- Facility viewing appointments are scheduled 8 a.m. to 2 p.m, Monday through Friday (please plan in advance so we can arrange for staff to meet you when they are available).
- Check the online Hall Calendar for availability.
- Read the above documents for important policy information.
- Call 530-886-4900 for more information or email the "Hall Questionnaire" to [email protected]
The museum is open the 2nd Sunday of each month, 12-4 and admission is FREE! The Fruitvale Schoolhouse is one of eight Placer County Museums.
Living History Program
Starting in Spring 2022, third-grade students can experience life in a rural one-room schoolhouse. Call 530-889-6506, or email [email protected], for more information.
Click on the above photo to open our historical presentation of the Fruitvale School.