I used to work for Placer County. Can I be reinstated?

The Human Resources director may permit a permanent employee who has resigned, or voluntarily demoted, both in good standing and with a good record, to be reinstated within five years to his or her former position, if vacant, or a vacant position in a comparable or lower class with equivalent minimum qualifications. For full details regarding reinstatements, please review Chapter 3, Section 3.08.1150 of the County Code.

You can request your name be certified to departments seeking to fill vacancies by completing an application found at the Special Appointments page. Your request will be reviewed and if you meet the criteria for reinstatement, you will be notified by email and your name will be referred when the requesting department receives a certified eligible list of names.

Show All Answers

1. I am a Placer County employee in my initial probationary phase. Can I apply for promotional recruitments?
2. I’m a Placer County Employee. Is there a way to sign up to transfer to another department within Placer County?
3. I used to work for Placer County. Can I be reinstated?