What if I am disabled or unable to work?

A person who states that they are disabled must:

  • Apply for SSI/SSP and/or other disability benefits as determined appropriate by the department.
  • Cooperate in obtaining verification of his/her disability.
  • Individuals who are determined to be disabled/unemployable may be excluded from the 3 month a year time limit.

Show All Answers

1. How do I apply for general relief?
2. If I am eligible, how much will my benefits be?
3. Do I have to be a U.S. citizen to be eligible?
4. Am I eligible if I am able to work?
5. What if I am disabled or unable to work?
6. I am homeless. Am I still eligible to receive General Relief benefits?
7. What does temporary cash benefits mean?
8. Can I get immediate service if needed?
9. How will I get my General Relief payments?
10. When do I report changes?
11. If I receive Supplemental Security Income/State Supplemental Payment am I eligible to benefits?
12. What happens if my electronic benefit transfer card is not working?
13. What if I have lost my electronic benefit transfer card?