Skip to content

Register for TOT Certificate

You can complete and submit the registration application for a Transient Occupancy Tax registration certificate online or complete, print and return the application by:

  • Email to:
  • Fax to: 916-543-3910
  • Mail or in person to:

Placer County Revenue Services Division
10810 Justice Center Drive, Suite 100
Roseville, CA 95678

Revenue Services will mail a certificate to you after your application is received and processed. You must post the certificate in a visible location in the rental unit at all times.

If you own and rent more than one property in Placer County, you must submit a separate application form for each rental property.

Cancel Certificate or Update Ownership

  • Request to Close Transient Occupancy Tax Certificate
  • If you sell or transfer or terminate operation of your business or rental, the certificate holder must notify the County Tax Administrator in writing 30 days in advance of the sale or transfer date, to include the name and address of the purchaser or transferee (Sec 4.16.080).

Submit Management Company Owner Change form and send your notification to:

Placer County Administrative Services Department
Revenue Services Division,
10810 Justice Center Drive, Suite 100 
Roseville, CA 95678