Placer County Budget Information
The Placer County budget is the annual financial blueprint of the board of supervisors' priorities to balance available resources with the service needs of our residents.
You can view the budget in our easy to navigate graphic format by clicking the image above, or you can peruse the PDF document below. Please note that the budget presented in the OpenGov digital report represents the current operating budget of the county, so that may differ from the board adopted budget (the PDF below) due to prior year obligations and current year budget revisions.
Current and Historical Budgets
OPENGOV-CURRENT OPERATING BUDGET
The Final Budget for Fiscal Year 2017-18, approved by the Board of Supervisors on September 19, 2017, is available via the link below.
FY 2017-18 Budget Information
FY 2015-16 Multi-Year Capital Plan
Placer County was the recipient of the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) Distinguished Budget Presentation Award for Fiscal Year 2016-17.
- September 19, 2017 $866.2 million final county budget approved
- June 14, 2017 Placer supervisors approve $796.5 million draft budget
- September 13, 2016 $815.8 million annual county budget approved
- June 7, 2016 Placer County supervisors approve $782 million draft budget
- May 3, 2016 Placer Supervisors consider funding challenges for next year’s budget
- September 15, 2015 Placer Supervisors approve $816 million budget
- June 16, 2015 Supervisors Approve Proposed Budget for 2015-16 Fiscal Year
- April 27, 2015 Board Hears Report on County Revenue, Expenditures at Tahoe
- September 9, 2014 Supervisors OK $798 Million Budget for 2014-15
- May 30, 2014 Board to Review Proposed Budget for Fiscal Year 2014-15
- August 16, 2013 Board Gets Good News, Hears a Few Words of Caution at Budget Workshop
- June 7, 2013 Board Of Supervisors Adopts Proposed Budget for 2013-14 Fiscal Year
- March 13, 2013 Board Takes Important Step in Drive to Develop 2013-14 County Budget
- February 26, 2013 Board Of Supervisors Holds Workshop On 2013-14 Priorities, Challenges
Meeting Memos and Presentations
- September 19, 2017
- June 13, 2017
- September 13, 2016
- June 7, 2016 Board Meeting
- May 3, 2016 Board Meeting
- January 26, 2016 Board Meeting
- September 15, 2015 Board Meeting
- June 16, 2015 Board Meeting
- April 27, 2015 Board Meeting
- February 24, 2015 Board Meeting
- September 9, 2014 Board Meeting
- June 3, 2014 Board Meeting
- March 25, 2014 Board Meeting
Frequently Asked Questions
Who decides how county money is spent?
The County Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible for the development and administration of the budget, which is reviewed and approved by the Board of Supervisors.
How is the budget developed?
The CEO works with departments to develop the budget in two phases each year to deliver recommendations for proposed and final budgets.
- Proposed Budget - In June, the Board of Supervisors adopts a Proposed Budget to have a spending plan in place before the fiscal year begins on July 1.
- Final Budget - As required by State law, the Board holds a public hearing in September to consider updated revenue and expenditure estimates and adopts the Final Budget by October 2. The Final Budget is published by the County Executive Office and available online as a PDF file that can be downloaded