Paying Your Obligation
Make a Payment
Obligee parents can Enroll/Terminate Direct Deposit through the State Disbursement Unit (SDU) website or Integrated Voice Response (IVR) system.
To enroll through the SDU website you'll need your Social Security Number and your SWS Participant Number. If you do not know your 13 digit SWS Participant ID number you may call the SDU Electronic Help Desk at 1-866-901-3212.
- Enroll through the SDU's IVR system at 1-866-901-3212.
- Enroll/Terminate Direct Deposit through the SDU website
- You can also download and print the Direct Deposit Authorization form (DCSS 0485) and return it to them directly at:
California State Disbursement Unit
P.O. Box 989064
West Sacramento, CA 95798-9064
Changing Your Payment Amount
An existing child support order may be modified (changed) if there is:
- A significant increase or decrease in either parent’s earnings.
- A change in custody or the amount of time the child spends with each parent; or
- A change in any other factor that would affect the child support guideline.
Either parent may request a review of their child support order. A modification of the order may be justified if the support order would change by 20% or $50 whichever is less. Contact our agency to review the child support order in the event of a major change, like getting a new job, losing a job, or a change in custody or visitation. If your situation meets the modification requirements and a change is appropriate, the department will submit the request to the court.
Past Due Payments
Do you owe past due child support? In certain child support cases, the law allows for a parent to pay less than their total child support debt owed to the government. This is called a compromise of arrears. For more information contact us, or read more here Compromise of Arrears Program (COAP).
Would you like to know how long it will take to pay your past due support? Use the Mobile Arrears Calculator for a quick calculation that will determine how many payments remain and how much interest will accrue, based on your balance due and monthly payment amount. Select the following link to access the Mobile Arrears Calculator .