Environmental Health Home
Our mission is to protect the health and safety of the community from potential hazards present in our everyday environment. Food, drinking water, garbage, sewage, and hazardous chemicals, are just some of what we monitor on a daily basis. +more
Our Specialists are responsible for:
- Inspecting restaurants, public pools and spas, and body art facilities.
- Inspecting commercial facilities storage and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Inspecting commercial underground and above ground chemical storage tanks.
- Participating in contaminated site clean up.
- Inspecting active and closed landfills, transfer stations, and facilities which produce waste tires.
- Overseeing private and public water well installation.
- Overseeing septic system installation.
- Regulating small public water suppliers to ensure safe, clean water.
We also respond to and investigate incidents and complaints regarding:
- Food Poisoning
- Sewage spills
- Chemical spills
- Substandard housing
- Illegal Dumping
American Public Health Association: Environment • Health • You from Lila Films on Vimeo.