Skip to content

Community Events

Community Events (also called Temporary Events) can range from small events with few vendors to large-scale events containing many diverse vendors and thousands of consumers.  Food vendors at temporary events are either Temporary Food Facilities (TFF's) or separately permitted Food Trucks (Mobile Food Facilities).

Temporary Event Coordinators

Event Coordinators are required to submit an Event Coordinator Application Packet for their event no later than two weeks prior to the event date. Along with the Application, please submit the following:

  • Site Map
  • List of TFF Food Vendors (include copy of valid Placer County Permit) 
  • List of Mobile Food Facilities (include copy of valid Placer County Permit)
  • Fee - There is a flat fee of $182

Temporary Event Food Vendors

If you wish to prepare and/or package a food product prior to selling at a Temporary Event, you may be required to obtain a Processed Food Registration or Cannery License with the State of California.

TFF's must have a valid Placer County Health Permit. Submit a Food Vendor Application Packet with the applicable fee:

  • Single Event - $91
  • Annual (July 1 - June 30) - $182

Caterers and permanent food facilities with a current Placer County Health Permit are eligible for a fee reduction. Non-Profit vendors may apply for a fee reduction by attaching their 501c3 paperwork with the application. Veterans may also apply for a fee reduction by attaching their honorable discharge DD214 form with the application.

After applications are processed, Environmental Health will issue a Health Permit. Submit the permit (PR) number to the Temporary Event Coordinator for your spot at their event.

For more information, please review our Temporary Food Facilities FAQ's

Contact Us

To speak with a Specialist regarding the process, please contact us.

  • Auburn Office: Justin Hansen 530-745-2340
  • Tahoe Office: Vickie Sandoval 530-581-6248

Additional Resources