Facility Services - Tahoe Service Area
The Department of Facility Services comprises seven operating divisions covering a wide spectrum of services to both the public and other County departments. These divisions include the following:
- Capital Improvements Division provides for the architectural design and construction of facility and improvement projects and leads County facility master planning efforts;
- Real Estate Services Division leads all County property acquisitions, leasing and property management activities;
- Parks and Grounds Division plans for County recreation needs as well as designs, develops and maintains County parks and administrative sites;
- Environmental Engineering Division administers and manages the County’s solid waste management programs, is responsible for the operation and maintenance of County wastewater treatment and transmission facilities and provides staff and support to the Western Placer Waste Management Authority;
- Museums Division operates six museums and provides associated educational programs, manages the County Archives and Research Center and maintains the County’s historic collections;
- Building Maintenance Division maintains and manages of all County owned facilities, constructs improvement projects, provides custodial services and manages the County’s six Veteran’s Memorial Halls;
- Administration Division oversees all fiscal, personnel and IT functions in support of the Department.
While most of the Department’s 227 employees provide services to the western portion of the County, click on the links below to learn more about the services provided in the Tahoe area.