Skip to content

Adult System of Care

Adult System of Care assists adults and older adults achieve their optimal level of self-sufficiency and independence by providing mental health services, substance abuse treatment, and in-home supportive services. Older and dependent adults are protected through investigations, case management, and the conservatorship process as necessary.

Psychiatric Emergency: If you or someone you know is experiencing a Psychiatric Emergency, please call 911 and request an emergency welfare check or go to a local emergency room.

Emergency Services in Placer County

Adult Crisis & Intake:
888-886-5401 or

Child & Family Crisis & Intake:
866-293-1940 or

Suicide Hotlines:
530-885-2300 (Auburn)
916-645-8866 (Lincoln)
916-773-3111 (Roseville)
800-273-8255 (National)

Women's Shelter:

Gathering Inn:
916-791-9355 (Homeless)

Salvation Army:
916-784-3233 (Roseville)
530-889-3390 (Auburn)

Substance Abuse Treatment:
530-889-7240 (Auburn)
916-787-8800 (Roseville)

Victims of Domestic and Sexual Violence Services:


We provide services in a variety of areas:

Mental Health

Learn about mental health services available to county residents, including assessment, brief therapy, case management, medication support, crisis, hospital, residential, and support services.

Also explore more in-depth resources around

Substance Use

Explore education and treatment resources for substance abuse. Additionally, learn about our perinatal substance use services for mothers and mothers-to-be. 

In-Home Supportive Services/IHSS

IHSS provides assistance to the elderly or disabled with activities designed to keep individuals in their homes. Visit our main page to find information on eligibility, becoming a provider for a friend or family member, and more. The Public Authority employs IHSS providers and provides information and assistance to IHSS consumers who need help selecting a home care provider.



Learn about supportive housing programs managed by the county, and find resources and referrals. Visit our homelessness page to learn more about what the county is doing to combat homelessness and its impact on individuals and communities.


Older and Dependent Adults

Explore information about several programs that serve and protect older adults in Placer County:


  • The Public Guardian provides protection, placement, and estate management for those under county guardianship
  • The Public Administrator investigates and may administer the estates of Placer County residents who pass away without a will or any known relatives able or willing to act on the decedent's behalf.

Advisory Groups

Boards and committees who advise on the creation and delivery of services including mental health and drug services; IHSS; and older adult services. Learn more about these groups and find out how to participate. 


Visit our resources page to connect with other community resources, along with tailored information for individuals experiencing crisis and residents. 

Visit our contact page to reach out to various locations providing services for adults, or find more information about our Welcome Center in Auburn and the Cirby Clubhouse in Roseville. 


Division Leadership:

Amy Ellis, MFT
Client Services Director
Phone: 530-889-7240 Fax: 530-889-7275

To report public assistance fraud, including IHSS, please call 916-784-6180 or 800-889-7610