Skip to content

CalFresh (Food Stamps)

CalFresh (formerly known as Food Stamps) can help families and individuals put healthy and nutritious food on the table. CalFresh provides extra funds to help to those who are in need each month to buy groceries. With a CalFresh electronic “debit” card you can buy most foods at many food stores and farmers markets.

Am I Eligible

You may be eligible for CalFresh if you and/or your family:

  • Are legal US resident(s)
  • Live in Placer County
  • Meet the income guidelines of the program (see the chart below), good through 9/30/15.

Household Size

Gross Monthly Income













Households that meet the certain criteria may have a higher gross income limit.  Gross income limits do not apply to households with an elderly and/or disabled member.  Instead the net monthly income limit is used to determine eligibility.  Net income is calculated after all allowable deductions are taken. 

Where Can I Apply

You can apply for CalFresh in several convenient ways:

On-Line: or
24 hour a day/7 days a week

By Mail:
Access the 5-page application at: 

Return completed application to Placer County, by mail:
       PO Box 20400
       Auburn, CA 95604

By Phone: 
    1-888-385-5160 or 
    916-784-6000 or

In Person:

Auburn at Placer County Government Center
11542 B Avenue
Auburn, CA 95603
530-889-7610 Fax - 530-889-7608

1000 Sunset Blvd. #220
Rocklin, CA 95765
916-784-6000 Fax - 916-784-6100

North Lake Tahoe at Carnelian Bay
5225 North Lake Blvd.
Carnelian Bay, CA 96140
530-546-1900 Fax - 530-546-1912



What Do I Need to Bring

CalFresh benefits can be granted without a visit to your local county office. Once an application is received, you will receive a phone call to check to see if you are eligible for the program. If it appears that you may be eligible, further verifications will be requested and forms will be provided for you to complete. If you are determined eligible, you will be contacted to complete a request for an EBT card.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)

The information on this page is for reference only.  Speak to a Human Services staff person for the most up-to-date information.