Skip to content


Placer County provides group health insurance through HMOs (Health Maintenance Organizations) and PPOs (Preferred Provider Organizations) or you may select ILH (In Lieu of Health).

Choosing your health plan is an important decision. To assist you with this process, each health plan available to you through the California Public Employees’ Retirement System has produced a Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC). In addition, the federal government has compiled a glossary of common health insurance terms. Together, these documents provide important information to help you better understand your health benefit coverage and more easily compare health plan options.

To view the SBCs and glossary online, visit CalPERS Health or any of the health plan websites below. To request a free paper copy of the SBC and glossary, please contact each health plan directly.

Please contact your department’s human resources office with questions regarding eligibility and enrollment.


Generally pay 100% of the cost of care after a co-payment, but require you to use in-network providers and have your care coordinated through a designated Primary Care Physician.

Anthem (Select & Traditional) (855) 839-4524

Blue Shield Access+ (800) 334-5847

Health Net SmartCare (888) 926-4921

Kaiser (800) 464-4000
Member Login:

United Health Care (877) 359-3714

Western Health Advantage (888) 942-7377


Generally pay a percentage of the cost of care after co-pay and deductible requirements are met. The services of in-network providers are paid at a higher percentage than out-of-network providers.

PERS Choice (877) 737-7776

PERS Select (877) 737-7776

PERSCare & PERSCare DSA (877) 737-7776

PORAC (DSA/Safety Mgmt Only) (800)

ILH Plan

If you have other health insurance coverage or you elect to waive your Placer County health insurance, you may be able to take advantage of an employer contribution to a 401(k) savings plan.

To participate in the 401(k) In Lieu of Health program, you will need to:

  • Enroll through ACORN eBenefits by selecting 401(k) Flex Credit Part I, and 401(k) ILH Part II savings plans. If you do not currently have a 401(k), submit a 401(k) Enrollment form and a Beneficiary Designation form.
  • Provide proof of other health insurance (a copy of your insurance card showing your name is sufficient).


CalPERS Health Forms and Guides

Affidavit of Parent Child Relationship (HBD-40)

CalPERS Health Benefit Summary

CalPERS Health Enrollment Form (HBD-12)

CalPERS Health Program Guide

CalPERS Medicare Enrollment Guide

CalPERS Zip Code Election Form