Law and Justice
Includes Sheriff Coroner Marshall, Report a Crime, Jail and Juvenile Detention, Child Support Enforcement, Superior Court, Abandoned Vehicles, Legal Alternatives.
- Sheriff Coroner MarshallThe Sheriff’s Tahoe Substation is located approximately 1 ½ miles east of Tahoe City on Highway 28. Tahoe services include 24/7 patrol, Search and Rescue, marine patrol and seasonal bike patrol operations.
- Report a CrimeFor emergencies or urgent incidents, call 911.
Report a non-emergency crime online.
- Jail and Juvenile DetentionArrests made in the North Lake Tahoe area after regular business hours and on weekends and holidays are booked into the Nevada County Sheriff’s jail in Truckee.
- Superior CourtIncludes Civil, Criminal, Drug, Juvenile, and Traffic Courts
The Tahoe Court Superior Courtroom is located at 2501 North Lake Boulevard, Tahoe City, CA 91645.
- Abandoned VehiclesWho to contact regarding removal of an abandoned vehicle
- Legal AlternativesIncludes mediation, restraining orders and small claims court.
- Child Support EnforcementApply and enforce child support orders, including establishment and modifications of child support