Nutrition Education Obesity Prevention
Our goal is to implement policy, systems, and environmental change projects along with nutrition and physical activity education interventions for SNAP-Ed eligible populations by:
- Increasing consumption and access to healthy dietary choices where people live, learn, work, play or shop.
- Reducing consumption and/or appeal of unhealthy dietary choices
- Increase access to and/or appeal of physical activity opportunities
- Educating the Placer County SNAP-Ed population on healthy choices
If you have any questions or would like technical assistance please Contact Us.
Or visit our Facebook Page
Physical Activity Mural
Students of a local elementary school participated in a paint-by-numbers physical activity mural for their school! Children lined up to contribute their portion of a colorful image of children running and playing sports with the Champions for Change statewide campaign slogan "Play Better" in the middle. While the children waited their turn to paint they participated in a variety of physical activity games.
What Services Are Provided
NEOP Information Sheet
Nutrition and Physical Activity Education
- A variety of nutrition and physical activity lessons and workshops are available to eligible schools, community groups, and organizations. A few examples include nutrition lessons, CATCH Physical Activity, Cooking, Harvest of the Month (HOTM), and HOTM Kits for teachers.
Policy Systems and Environmental Change Projects (PSE)
- PSE projects focus on improving the health of Placer County residents where they live, learn, work, play, or shop. A few examples of PSE projects included school wellness policies, joint use agreements, active transportation, and murals that promote healthy habits.
Placer County Nutrition Action Partnership
Please contact us to learn more and find out if your organization is eligible for services!