Skip to content

Burial Permits

If you need to change the location of remains, you will need a new burial permit.  A funeral director can arrange this for you, or contact us and we can assist you.

NOTE:  to disinter from a cemetery, only the county where the cemetery is located can issue that permit.  

To obtain a new burial permit (refile), please bring these documents to our office:

• Burial permit of the deceased.  If not available, a death certificate or an affidavit stating the facts may be taken as documentation for issuing the disinter permit
• Name and address where the remains will be taken
• Your proof of identity 
• $12.00 fee