Fingerprint Information (Livescan)
Placer County Sheriff's Office provides fingerprint registration via Livescan technology which submits your digitally scanned fingerprints directly to the California Department of Justice. To schedule an appointment, please call the appropriate office listed below. If you have any questions regarding Live Scan, you may read more from the California Department of Justice.
Please note the following for Livescan service:
- Have a completed Live Scan form which is provided by the requesting agency/ employer etc.
- Your hands should be clean, dry and free of any lotions and/or oils
- Placer County Sheriff’s Office charges a Rolling fee of $20.00 IN ADDITION to DOJ, FBI, and permit fees which vary depending on the level of clearance your employer/agency is requesting.
Location and Hours available
2929 Richardson Dr
Office Phone (non-911): 530-889-7800
- By appointment only: Monday, Wednesday & Friday between 8:30am and 3:30pm
Tahoe City Sub
2501 N. Lake Blvd
P.O. Box 1710
Tahoe City CA 96145
Office Phone (non-911): 530-581-6301
- By appointment only: Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays
South Placer Substation
6140 Horseshoe Bar Rd
Loomis CA 95650
Office Phone (non-911): 916-652-2400
- By appointment only: Monday thru Thursday between 9:00am and 3:00pm