|Other Link||View Calendar of Events for Foresthill Library|
- Air Conditioned
- Internet Workstations
Computers & Technology
- Wi-Fi throughout the building and parking lot
- 4 Internet & Microsoft Office workstations
- Children’s Internet & Microsoft Office workstation
- AWE Early Literacy computer (Version 11)
- Photocopier & Printer (Black & White and color)
- Fax machine
- Charging lockers
Spaces & Equipment
- Reservable community meeting room
- Friends of the Library Book sale room
- Exterior book drop for 24/7 returns
- Accepts cash or personal check to pay fines and fees.
- Three reserved library parking spots, one of which is accessible parking.
About the Foresthill Library
Foresthill Library is an active rural library located in the town of Foresthill, which is situated on a peninsula between the North and Middle Forks of the American River. The library offers several reading and study spaces, a robust children’s section with a beautiful wall mural, a separate Friends of the Library Book Sale room, and a reservable community meeting room. The Foresthill Library is 1,995 square feet and shares its building space in the Foresthill Community Center with a Placer County Sherriff’s substation.
Library Specialist: Tiffani Collins
History of Foresthill Library
The first public library was introduced to Foresthill in 1935 by Matthew Langstaff, Sr. and was operated in conjunction with the Foresthill Telephone Office. It was originally located in the corner of the McKinley building. At first there were never more than five shelves of books, which were exchanged with Auburn every four to five months.
Around 1940, the library and telephone office moved to a building across, and further up, Main Street but only remained there for a short period of time. The library was then moved into Doctor Kerin's office. It remained there until 1960 when it moved to a building owned by Cliff Hills at the intersection of Main and California Streets. After a year, the library moved again to the rear of the Mischke Building where it stayed until 1966. In August of 1966, the library was moved to a building on the corner of Main and California Streets (which was an almost opposite location from where it was in 1960).
Finally in 1980, the library moved into its current home, the Foresthill Community Center, on Main Street.