Skip to content

Forms, Permits & Applications

The links on this page take you to commonly-used forms, permits and applications for county residents, business owners and managers, and visitors. They're also for residents who live in incorporated cities in the county.

Because many forms or applications have instructions, the link will usually take you to an instruction page, rather than directly to a form or application.

The county provides many additional services, as you will see as you explore our Web pages.

County Services - Alphabetical List

For Residents

We've grouped forms, permits and applications for county residents, including several for residents of incorporated cities, on this page. We plan to add more links to this page. Please contact us if you have a suggestion for a form, permit or application which you would find helpful.

For Businesses

Here are forms, permits and applications for business owners and managers in the county. We plan to add more links to this page. Please contact us if you have a suggestion for a form, permit or application which you would find helpful.

For Job Seekers

Placer County government is a great place to be if you want to work with energetic, dedicated folks committed to high-quality public service.

For Vendors

Placer County is always looking for good partners. If you want to sell goods or services to the county, fill out the online vendor file application, so you're notified of county needs for your products.

Fireworks Information

Fireworks are not permitted anywhere in the unincorporated areas of Placer County except when approved by the County and executed by a pyrotechnic company licensed by the California State Fire Marshal. Due to Placer County’s vulnerability to damaging wildfires, the Board of Supervisors adopted an ordinance prohibiting fireworks of all types, including those sold for home use at roadside stands in several cities in Placer County and throughout the region. Every year, Placer and other foothill counties experience a fire season from May to October marked by high temperatures, low humidity, and almost no rain. During this exceptionally dry period local, state and federal fire agencies battle damaging natural and human-caused wildfires, many resulting from illegal fireworks that put lives, property and our beautiful natural environment at risk.

There are, however, exceptional circumstances where public fireworks displays are routinely considered, usually for the 4th of July holiday period and for New Year's Eve. For these as well as for other special events, the county has an application and review process. The application process requires individuals or organizations considering a fireworks display, whether private or public, to pay a fee, hire a licensed pyrotechnic company and take other steps as may be necessary to reduce the hazards and/or negative impacts to local Placer communities. Each application is reviewed by the Office of Emergency Services and ultimately approved by the Director of Risk Management.

There are three documents for those wanting to obtain a fireworks display application:

Other Information and Applications