Limited Public Counter Services
Placer County continues to limit public counter services while helping to combat the spread of the COVID-19 novel coronavirus. Please visit the below tabs to see which services are open, reduced or temporarily closed. We encourage our residents to take advantage of our many online services and visit county department web pages for more information.
Effective Friday, November 20th, when visiting the Agriculture Department, new guidelines are being implemented as follows:
- Only one customer at a time in the building
- Masks are required to enter the building
- Appointments are highly encouraged
When you arrive at the building, you may call our office at (530) 889-7372 to notify the office. To minimize your wait time, you are welcome to schedule an appointment.
Staff will continue to provide regulatory inspection and permit services in the field as needed. Administrative staff is available to receive phone calls and dispatch inspection staff. All staff have been provided with gloves and hand sanitizer, and have been instructed to maintain social distance standards per public health protocols. All service requests should be directed to [email protected] or 530-889-7372.
The Air Pollution Control District public counter is closed. Services are available by appointment.
Services will continue to be provided via email to those wishing to conduct business remotely.
Phone: (530) 745-2330 or
Email: [email protected]
Complaints that are made by phone should follow non-business hours procedures.
Beginning November 19, 2020, our services will be impacted in the following ways:
The front doors to the shelter will be locked during business hours and shelter visitors will be directed to contact staff at 530-886-5540 for assistance. Where possible, we are requiring appointments to be made, in advance, for services. Appointments can be made by contacting 530-886-5540.
The following services will be offered at the shelter by appointment and visitor access will be limited:
- Adoption Meet & Greets and Adoption Paperwork
- Lost Pet Redemption
- Injured or Aggressive Stray Animal Intake
Customers are encouraged to utilize the following tools for contactless services and information:
- Viewing adoptable pets and complete an adoption application at https://www.placer.ca.gov/AdoptablePets
- Search for a lost pet at https://www.placer.ca.gov/LostPets
- Renew your pet license online at https://www.placer.ca.gov/PetLicense or by mail
- Contact us by phone (530-886-5540) or email ([email protected]) for the following:
If you have an Animal Control complaint, question or concern, please call 530-886-5500.
To remain in compliance with the state’s public health guidance, the county will limit attendance to just 25% of the room’s capacity and will require 6 feet of social distancing inside and outside the board chambers. Face coverings are recommended and will be provided to those who want one. The meeting’s audio will also be provided outside, near the entrance of the building at 175 Fulweiler, Auburn, to allow the public to attend in person to hear the meeting while waiting for their turn to speak on a specific agenda item.
Due to the limited capacity in chambers, the public is still encouraged to participate virtually by watching the board meeting via the county’s live stream on the county’s website at www.placer.ca.gov. Closed captioning is available.
Reservation for Call-in Participation: The public is encouraged to make a reservation ahead of the meeting to speak on any agenda item. During the meeting, each person with a reservation will be called back when the public comment period is opened on their specified topic. Individuals may use the reservation process to speak on as many agenda items as they wish. The number to call is 530-886-1800 and reservations can be made immediately after the agenda is posted until 8:30 a.m. on the day of the board meeting.
Non-Reservation Call-in Participation: Participants may also call in during the live meeting, but they could be on hold for a longer period without a reservation. The following is a list of helpful information to assist community members with providing public comment in a variety of ways on a posted agenda item:
- Those who wish to call in without a reservation may do so by calling 530-886-1800 to queue for verbal public comment. The public comment period will be opened for each agenda item, so commenters should be prepared to call in for the specific item they wish to address when the board chair opens comments for that topic. Calls will not be connected if the public comment period has been closed for that item, and callers will be directed to call back if they wish to address a later agenda topic.
- Calls will be answered by the county operator and transferred into the board chambers to be heard in the order in which they were received for the current item. Please be aware that there is a 30-second delay between our meeting proceedings in chambers and the view at home. Each commenter is entitled to three minutes of comment time, so hold times will be longer if there are many callers.
The public may submit their comments in written form at the following link: https://www.placer.ca.gov/FormCenter/Clerk-of-the-Board-29/Public-Comment-Submission-157, to the Clerk of the Board at [email protected] or send correspondence through the U.S. Postal Service to Placer County, Attn: Clerk of the Board, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603.
Board meeting agendas are publicly posted for review on the county website at https://www.placer.ca.gov/6322/_2020. The Placer County Board of Supervisors meetings are held at 175 Fulweiler Avenue in Auburn, California.
• In-person visits Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 1 pm to 4:30 pm
• Documents can be dropped off Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm
• Email us at [email protected]
• Call us at 866-901-3212, Monday through Friday 9 am to 4 pm
• Customer Connect: https://childsupport.ca.gov/customer-connect/
• For updated information from Placer County Superior Court, visit: http://www.placer.courts.ca.gov/
The Communications and Public Affairs Office is the information link between all county departments providing information to residents, news media, community groups, county employees and others.
Follow us on social media
Sign up for our newsletter
Sign up to receive emergency alerts for all the places you care about
View our recent news releases
For media requests and inquiries, call 530-886-4646
Effective Thursday, November 19th, the Community Development Resource Agency’s public counter will be closed due to COVID until further notice for both the Auburn and Tahoe City offices.
The permit counter will be providing virtual appointments to the public using Microsoft Teams. For the Auburn office, virtual appointments will be available on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. until further notice. The Tahoe City office is accepting virtual appointments on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. You can schedule an appointment through our eServices online appointments feature where you will be contacted by staff with a meeting invitation.
You can download the Microsoft Teams application on your laptop or PC. This download is also available for your cell phone using either Google Play Store or Apple App Store. If you need guidance on getting started with Microsoft Teams, refer to the Microsoft Teams video training videos, specifically those on how to Get started with Teams. Please note that it will be important to include your e-mail address when making an appointment through our eServices online appointment program.
If you are having problems with the online appointment feature, please call (530) 745-3001 for the Auburn office and at (530) 581-6200 for the Tahoe Office and we can assist you.
Please note that our eServices digital suite continues to be available where you can submit applications for residential and commercial development projects. You can also look up zoning requirements, apply for permits and more from the comfort of your home or business. Anywhere, anytime, online. https://www.placer.ca.gov/eservices
The public counter at the District Attorney’s Office will be closed until further notice.
The office will be available for contact via the following methods:
This line will be answered Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Email: This email will be monitored for the duration of this temporary closure: [email protected]
The Placer County District Attorney’s Office will continue to operate with modified services to minimize in-person contacts
Placer County Elections Office hours: Monday – Friday; 8AM to 5PM
Please call 530-886-5650 with any inquiries.
Beginning November 19, 2020, and until further notice, our public counter is closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This closure is for both our Auburn and Tahoe City offices. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause, and we appreciate your patience during this unprecedented event.
- Front counter services are available through virtual appointments using Microsoft Teams.
- For our Auburn office, virtual appointments are available four days a week on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Virtual appointments in Tahoe City are available three days a week on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Appointment scheduling is available using eServices, our online appointment application. Click here to launch eServices .
- Be sure to include your e-mail address when making an appointment through eServices.
- To download Microsoft Teams on your computer, visit this Microsoft Teams website.
- To download Microsoft Teams on your cell phone or other mobile device, visit your application store (Google Play Store or Apple App Store).
- For help getting started with Microsoft Teams, please refer to Microsoft's Teams training videos, specifically those on how to get started with Teams.
- Our Auburn staff members are available to assist you by phone at 530-745-2300, or by email at [email protected].
- Our Tahoe City staff members are available to assist you by phone at 530-581-6240, or by email at [email protected].
- Visit the county’s coronavirus website for more information about COVID-19.
- For guidance about how businesses can reopen responsibly, visit the Reopen Placer website.
- When allowed under California's tier system, restaurants and bars wishing to reopen to dine-in seating must complete a Workplace Specific Plan. For help completing your plan, please review our Completed Sample Plan.
- When allowed under California's tier system, public pools wishing to reopen must complete a Workplace Specific Plan. For help completing your plan, please review our Completed Sample Plan.
As the COVID-19 situation continues, regular garbage collection service continues, but some recycling services are being temporarily modified or discontinued at facilities in Placer County.
Please call first or visit websites for updated information to see if the services you need are available:
Recology Auburn Placer
(Auburn, Foresthill and Meadow Vista Transfer Stations)
Western Placer Waste Management Authority
(Athens Ave. & Fiddyment Rd.)
Eastern Regional Materials Recovery Facility
(Cabin Creek Rd.)
Facilities Management will continue to perform its duties related to Building Maintenance, Real Estate Services, Capital Improvements and Custodial Services.
- Adult System of Care (IHSS, Mental Health and Substance Use, Adult Protective Services and others): 888-886-5401
- Shelter and homeless services: 1-833-3Placer
- Auburn and Roseville, Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Children’s System of Care (Child Welfare Services, Foster/Adoption, Mental Health and others): 866-293-1940
- Auburn, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Rocklin, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Carnelian Bay, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
• Human Services (CalFresh, Medi-Cal, CalWORKS and others): 888-385-5160
- Rocklin and Auburn, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Carnelian Bay, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
• Public Health (WIC, Whole Person Care, Communicable Disease and others): 530-889-7141 For COVID-19 inquiries: 530-886-5310
- Rocklin and Auburn, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
• Environmental Health (Hazmat, Food Programs, Septic Systems and others): 530-745-2300
- Tahoe City, virtual appointments are available three days a week on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Auburn, virtual appointments are available four days a week on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Animal Services (adoption and Animal Control): 530-885-5500 for Animal Control; 530-886-5540 for all other inquiries
- Visitor access will be limited during normal business hours, Monday-Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Our parks are open to the public, but please adhere to social distancing due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Reservations for large gatherings at our halls have been temporarily suspended until further notice.
We will continue to provide essential services to our clients, justice partners, and supervise offenders in the community based on their risk to public safety.
Personnel will continue to work to provide services although the county may limit some activities to increase our social distancing as much as possible.
Road Maintenance – Continues to operate through the pandemic although with new protocols.
Transit – Continues to operate although with different protocols and some schedules and routes have been modified or canceled.
Fleet – Continues to operate.
Parks – Parks continue to be open except Bear River Campground, Gould Park and Dutch Flat Pool are closed. High-touch areas of parks (i.e. playgrounds and picnic pavilions) are still closed. Hidden Falls is open at reduced capacity and requiring reservations 7 days/week.
Environmental Utility Operations – Continue to operate
Western Placer Regional Landfill – Although it had modified some services, it is now providing full services to the public.
Public Works Road Maintenance has staff in the field to respond to critical and urgent issues. Office staff are monitoring and responding to all voicemails and emails. Please feel free to call 530-745-7565.
The Tax Collector's front counter is open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Should you need assistance, please call 530-889-4120 or toll free at 888-888-5218.
For the safety of our clients and workers, due to COVID-19/Coronavirus, the Placer County Veterans Services Office is limiting in-person contact. The Veterans Services Office lobby will be open Monday thru Friday from 1pm to 5pm.
You can still apply, submit documents or ask questions – For your safety, we would prefer that you please dial 916-780-3290 and leave a message and we will return your phone call within 48 hours. Additionally, you may mail documents to the following address: 1000 Sunset Blvd., Suite 115, Rocklin, CA 95765.
The Placer County Veterans Services Office is available 7 days per week, 24 hours per day online at www.placer.ca.gov/veterans.