COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2005
Bill Santucci, District 1, Vice Chairman Jan Christofferson, County Executive
Robert Weygandt, District 2, Chairman Robert Bendorf, Assistant County Executive
Jim Holmes, District 3 Anthony J. La Bouff, County Counsel
Edward “Ted” M. Gaines, District 4 John Marin, Administrative Officer
Bruce Kranz, District 5 Ann Holman, Clerk of the Board
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
FLAG SALUTE - Led by Jan Christofferson, County Executive.
STATEMENT OF MEETING PROCEDURES - Read by Clerk.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Persons may address the Board on items not on this agenda. Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person since the time allocated for Public Comment is 15 minutes. If all comments cannot be heard within the 15-minute time limit, the Public Comment period will be taken up at the end of the regular session. The Board is not permitted to take any action on items addressed under Public Comment.
SUPERVISOR’S COMMITTEE REPORTS:
CONSENT AGENDA: All items on the Consent Agenda (Items 1 thru 15) have been recommended for approval by the County Executive Department. All items will be approved by a single roll call vote. Anyone may ask to address Consent items prior to the Board taking action, and the item will be removed from the Agenda for discussion.
1. ORDINANCES – Second reading:
a. County Clerk-Recorder – Ordinance amending Chapter 3, Section 3.08.070, 3.12.010 and 3.12.030 and Appendix 1, relating to position allocation and compensation for personnel.
b. Personnel/Civil Service Commission - Ordinance amending Chapter 3, Section 3.12.010, Appendices DSAS-3 and MGTS-09, relating to salaries for the classifications covered by Proposition F and other associated law enforcement classifications, effective February 4, 2005, 5:01 p.m.
c. Personnel/Civil Service Commission - Ordinance amending Chapter 3, Sections 3.08.070, 3.12.010, 3.12.020 and 3.12.030 relating to the departments of County Clerk Recorder, County Executive Office, Facility Services and Health & Human Services.
d. Treasurer-Tax Collector - Ordinance delegating the authority to invest certain funds under the control of the Board of Supervisors to the Treasurer.
2. WARRANT REGISTERS – Weeks ending January 7, 14, 21, 28 and February 4, 2005.
3. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS:
a. Resolution commending Rich Johnson, Ranger for the United States Forest Service, upon his retirement after 20 years as District Ranger to Foresthill.
b. Approve minutes of January 18, 2005.
4. CLAIMS AGAINST THE COUNTY - County Counsel recommends rejection of the following claims:
a. 04-132, Crandall, Clinton, $120, (Property Loss)
b. 05-005, Eastus, Michael, $1,439,400, (Wrongful Termination)
5. COMMITTEES & COMMISSIONS:
a. Auburn Cemetery District – Approve appointment of Alice Bothello to Seat #3, as requested by Supervisor Holmes.
b. Economic Development Board – Approve appointment of Jack Amick to Seat #5 (District 5), as requested by Supervisor Kranz.
c. Fish and Game Commission – Approve appointment of Daniel Dove to Seat #6 (Colfax Area), as requested by Supervisor Kranz.
d. Greater Auburn Area Fire Safe Council – Approve appointment of Paula Celick to Seat #2 (District 5), as requested by Supervisor Kranz.
e. Meadow Vista Municipal Advisory Council – Approve appointment of Gene Cain to Seat #3 and Diana Brittner to Seat #6, as requested by Supervisor Kranz.
f. North Auburn Municipal Advisory Council - Approve reappointment of George A. Remaley to Seat #2 (Property Owners), as requested by Supervisor Holmes.
g. Solid Waste Local Task Force – Approve appointment of Joseph Albert to Seat #12 (At-Large), as requested by Supervisor Holmes and Supervisor Gaines.
h. Squaw Valley Municipal Advisory Council – Approve appointments of Kevin Strange to Seat #5 (At-Large), William Joseph Collins to Seat #6 (At-Large) and Christian Denis to Seat #& (At-Large), as requested by Supervisor Kranz.
i. Weimar/Applegate/Colfax Municipal Advisory Council – Approve appointment of Michael W. Thomas to Seat #4, as requested by Supervisor Kranz.
6. COUNTY CLERK/ELECTIONS – Resolution appointing nominees to terms on the Board of Directors of Christian Valley Park Community Services District, South Placer Municipal Utility District, Ward 4 and Placer Hills Fire Protection District.
7. COUNTY EXECUTIVE:
a. Approve a merit increase for Candi McCord, Deputy Director of Administrative Services, from Grade 469, Step 4, to Grade 469, Step 5, effective March 5, 2005.
b. Approve a merit increase for Rui Cunha, Emergency Servcies Program Manager, from Grade 445, Step 2 to Grade 445, Step 3, retroactive to May 1, 2004.
8. DISTRICT ATTORNEY – Approve a budget revision, in the amount of $30,630, for the purchase of two medscope video imaging systems for the Sexual Assault Response Team Project and add them to the Master Fixed Asset List.
9. FACILITY SERVICES/PARKS - Approve the use of Park Dedication Fees from Recreation Area #6, in the amount of $25,000, for renovation of the restrooms, shower and locker rooms at the McBean Park swimming pool, in Lincoln.
10. FACILITY SERVICES/PROPERTY MANAGEMENT:
a. Colfax Library Lease Agreement - Approve lease agreement with Jeffery and Karen Williams, in the amount of $1,028.50 per month, for the Colfax Branch Library, located at 10 West Church Street in Colfax.
b. Dewitt Property Pipeline Replacement - Resolution delegating authority to the Director of Facility Services to execute and record a non-exclusive easement between the County and the private owners of parcels located south of the DeWitt property off of Atwood Road, and to execute and record any other documents and take such other actions necessary to implement the Material Terms and to effectuate the pipeline replacement.
11. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES/HUMAN SERVICES - Approve two sublease agreements with the State of California Employment Development Department for office space located at 1880 Sierra Gardens Drive, Suite A and B, in Roseville, from January 1, 2005 through March 31, 2009.
a. Pleasant Grove & Curry Creeks Watershed Grant – Amend contract with Foothill Associates, in the amount of $36,947, for water quality monitoring and authorize the Purchasing Manager to execute.
b. Western Placer County Salmon Survey – Amend contract with Bailey Environmental, in the amount of $11,400, for the Western Placer County Salmon Survey and authorize the Purchasing Manager to execute.
13. PROCUREMENT SERVICES - In accordance with County Policy, non-contested bids under $100,000 are placed on the Consent Agenda. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign the following:
a. Purchase Order, Software Maintenance/Various Departments – Award to Accela, Inc., in the amount of $84,498.94, for support of the Permit Tracking System.
b. Request for Qualifications #9369, Consultants/Procurement - Adopt a qualified list of 16 consultants to prepare Environmental Impact Reports as needed for a three-year period.
14. PUBLIC WORKS:
a. Asphalt Concrete Overlay Summer Project 2004, Contract #73196 – Resolution approving and authorizing the Director of Public Works to execute the Notice of Completion for the project.
b. Gladding Road Bridge Replacement Project – Approve project plans and specifications, authorize the Chairman to sign cover sheet and authorize the Public Works Department to advertise for bids.
15. REVENUE SHARING:
a. Approve appropriation of $1,500 in additional Revenue Sharing monies to the City of Rocklin for the annual Rocklin Jubilee, as requested by Supervisor Weygandt ($1,500). The total Revenue Sharing money for 2005 is $2,000.
b. Approve appropriation of $150 in additional Revenue Sharing monies to National Alliances for the Mentally Ill of Placer County, as requested by Supervisor Weygandt ($150). The total Revenue Sharing money for 2005 is $1,500.
c. Approve appropriation of $250 in additional Revenue Sharing monies to The Gathering Inn, a program for homeless people, as requested by Supervisor Weygandt ($250). The total Revenue Sharing money for 2005 is $750.
*** End of Consent Agenda***
16. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES/PROCUREMENT – Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign the following:
a. Bid #9385 & #9386, Aggregate Materials & Hauling/Public Works – Award bids to various vendors, in the cumulative amount of $655,815, and authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign resulting blanket purchase orders.
b. Bid #9387, Asphaltic Emulsion/Public Works – Award to Auburn Oil and Asphalt Products of Newcastle, in the aggregate amount of $105,147, and authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign the resulting blanket purchase orders.
19. PLANNING/PLACER LEGACY HABITAT CONSERVATION PLAN & NATURAL COMMUNITIES CONSERVATION PLAN – Approve a contract amendment, with Thomas Reid Associates, in the amount of $42,000, for the preparation of the Placer County Conservation Plan.
20. REDEVELOPMENT/BROOK AVENUE PUBLIC PARKING LOT/KINGS BEACH - Adopt a State of California resolution authorizing the signing of the loan agreement between the Agency and the California Infrastructure and Economic Development Bank in connection with construction of the project.
ADJOURN AS THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS AND
CONVENE AS THE REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY BOARD
21. REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY BOARD
a. Brook Avenue Public Parking Lot/Kings Beach - Adopt a State of California resolution authorizing the signing of the loan agreement between the Agency and the California Infrastructure and Economic Development Bank in connection with construction of the project.
b. Minnow Avenue Public Parking Lot/Kings Beach - Approve the purchase of land and a permanent easement adjacent to 8755 North Lake Boulevard, Kings Beach, in order to develop the Minnow Avenue public parking lot, and authorize the Deputy CEO-Redevelopment Director to sign all escrow documents.
c. Tahoe Regional Planning Agency – Approve a Memorandum of Understanding with the North Lake Tahoe Resort Association to coordinate activities leading to amending the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency Code of Ordinances, Chapter 15/Redevelopment Plans and authorize the Deputy CEO-Redevelopment Director to sign.
d. Qualified List of Redevelopment Agency Commercial Developers – Approve a qualified list of developers for use in developing and constructing commercial projects within the North Lake Tahoe, North Auburn and Sunset Industrial redevelopment areas.
ADJOURN AS THE REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY BOARD AND RECONVENE AS THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
22. COUNTY COUNSEL/ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION:
PERSONNEL SESSION/LABOR RELATIONS
Pursuant to the cited authority (all references are to the Government Code), the Board of Supervisors will hold a closed session to discuss the following listed items. A report of any action taken will be presented prior to adjournment.
(A) §54956.9 - CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
(1) Existing Litigation:
(a) County of Placer vs. The Gar Wood Building, et al., Placer County Superior Court Case No.: SCV16061.
(b) Residents Against Inconsistent Development (RAID) vs. County of Placer, Placer County Superior Court Case No.: SCV-13229.
(c) Claude G. Davis vs. vs. County of Placer, Placer County Superior Court Case No.: SCV16985.
(2) Anticipated Litigation:
(a) Significant exposure to litigation pursuant to subdivision (b) of Government Code §54956.9: one potential case.
(B) §54957.6 - CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
Agency negotiator: CEO/Personnel Director
Employee organization: DSA/PPEO
CLOSED SESSION REPORT:
23. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS – Presentation of a resolution commending Rich Johnson, Ranger for the United States Forest Service, upon his retirement after 20 years as District Ranger to Foresthill.
24. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES/PROCUREMENT – Achievement in Excellence.
25. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/BUDGET – Presentation of midyear budget review, for FY 2004/05.
26. PUBLIC WORKS/SPEED LIMITS FOR VARIOUS ROADS – Public hearing to consider adoption of an ordinance approving the engineering and traffic survey, setting limits and authorizing use of radar enforcement on various County roads.
27. PLANNING/WILLIAMSON ACT – Resolution approving modification to the County’s Administrative Rules; make a determination that the modification is categorically exempt from CEQA pursuant to Class 7 and 8 exemptions and make a determination that the modification to the Administrative Rules is consistent with State law through the approval of the findings.
ITEMS FOR INFORMATION:
28. AUDITOR-CONTROLLER – Statement of Condition of Cash in the Treasury for month ending January 31, 1005.
29. COUNTY EXECUTIVE – Bartig, Basler & Ray, County of Placer, Single Audit Report, June 30, 2004.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ 2005 MEETING SCHEDULE:
March 08, 2005
March 29, 2005
April 18, 2005 (Tahoe)
April 19, 2005 (Tahoe)
April 26, 2005