COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Tuesday, March 22, 2016
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Jack Duran, District 1 David Boesch, County Executive
Robert Weygandt, District 2, Chairman Holly Heinzen, Chief Assistant CEO
Jim Holmes, District 3 Gerald O. Carden, County Counsel
Kirk Uhler, District 4 Sharlet Pyne, Clerk of the Board
Jennifer Montgomery, District 5, Vice Chair
Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
Any person interested in viewing or addressing the Board during the Board meeting by interactive video may do so at the Placer County Administrative Offices - Tahoe City, 775 North Lake Boulevard, Tahoe City, CA 96145.
FLAG SALUTE – Led by County Counsel Gerald Carden.
STATEMENT OF MEETING PROCEDURES - Read by Board Clerk.
CONSENT AGENDA - All items on the Consent Agenda have been recommended for approval by the County Executive Department. All items will be approved by a single roll call vote. Anyone may ask to address Consent items prior to the Board taking action, and the item may be moved for discussion.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Persons may address the Board on items not on this agenda. Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person since the time allocated for Public Comment is 15 minutes. If all comments cannot be heard within the 15-minute time limit, the Public Comment period will be taken up at the end of the regular session. The Board is not permitted to take any action on items addressed under Public Comment.
BOARD MEMBER REPORTS:
1. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
1. Present a Proclamation declaring April 2016 as “Child Abuse Prevention Awareness Month” in Placer County.
ADJOURN AS THE PLACER COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS AND
CONVENE AS THE PLACER COUNTY PUBLIC HOUSING AUTHORITY
2. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
1. Consider the following items to secure $2,138,001 in Federal funding for Placer County Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program to provide subsidized housing vouchers for up to 297 low income individuals, families and veterans in Placer County.
a. Conduct a Public Hearing to receive public comment regarding the updated Placer County Housing Authority Administrative Plan.
b. Adopt the updated Placer County Housing Authority Administrative Plan.
c. Adopt a Resolution authorizing acceptance of the updated Placer County Housing Authority’s Administrative Plan, and authorizing submission of the certifications of program compliance to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
ADJOURN AS THE PLACER COUNTY PUBLIC HOUSING AUTHORITY AND
RECONVENE AS THE PLACER COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
3. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY | PLANNING SERVICES DIVISION
1. Conduct a Public Hearing to consider the following:
a. Adopt an Ordinance amending Placer County Code Chapter 17, Articles 17.04 and 17.56 pertaining to Secondary Dwelling Units and Chapter 15, Articles 15.28, 15.34 and 15.65 pertaining to Secondary Dwelling Unit Fee Exemptions.
b. Find the Ordinance Statutorily Exempt pursuant to Section 15282(h) of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Guidelines.
4. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
1. Approve Minutes of February 23, 2016 (Montgomery absent).
5. HUMAN RESOURCES
1. Introduce an Ordinance amending the un-codified Schedule of Classifications and Compensation Ordinance related to the creation of the Deputy Director – Human Resources classification and placement into the unclassified service, waive oral reading.
6. PUBLIC WORKS & FACILITIES
1. Approve an agreement with Williams + Paddon Architects + Planners in the amount of $2,145,800 to update the 1993 Comprehensive Facilities Master Plan for the 200-acre Placer County Government Center campus; determine that the agreement is categorically exempt from environmental review pursuant to Section 15306 of the California Environmental Quality Act Guidelines; and authorize the Chair to execute the agreement upon County Counsel review and approval. The agreement period runs from March 2016 through August 2017.
7. COUNTY EXECUTIVE OFFICE / ADMINISTRATION
1. Receive an update on FY 2015-16 revenue and expenditure projections for the County's main operating funds and five-year strategic budget framework as it relates to the County General Fund and Public Safety Fund.
2. Receive a report on the FY 2016-17 budget development process and provide any necessary direction.
8. COUNTY COUNSEL | ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION: Pursuant to the cited authority (all references are to the Government Code), the Board of Supervisors will hold a closed session to discuss the following listed items. A report of any action taken will be presented prior to adjournment.
(A) §54956.9 – CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
1. Existing Litigation (Government Code §54956.9(d)(1)):
(a) California Clean Energy Committee v. County of Placer, et al.
Placer County Superior Court Case No.: SCV0030337
Third District Court of Appeal, Case No.: C072680
9. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES | PROCUREMENT - In accordance with County Policy, non-contested competitively awarded bids under $400,000 are placed on the Consent Agenda.
1. Approve Change Order No. 2 to Blanket Purchase Order No. 21662 with JT Lewis, Inc. dba National Garage Door Company of Rancho Cordova, CA for overhead door maintenance and repair services in the amount of $400 for a revised maximum amount of $50,400.
2. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign all required documents.
1. Approve Change Order No. 1 to Blanket Purchase Order No. 21671 with Cooperative Personnel Services of Sacramento, CA for occupational exams in the amount of $23,000 for a revised maximum amount of $73,000.
2. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign all required documents.
1. Approve change orders to Blanket Purchase Order Numbers 22204 with Aqua Sierra Controls of Auburn; 22295 with Diamond Well Drilling Company of Auburn; 22310 with Calchem Enterprises of Modesto, CA; and 22391 with Sierra Chemical Company of Sparks, NV, for, respectively, sewer instrumentation maintenance and repair services, lab and field testing services, liquid coagulant polymer, and bulk chemicals for the Wastewater Treatment Plant in the aggregate amount of $320,500 for a revised maximum aggregate amount of $495,000.
2. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign all required documents.
1. Approve the renewal of competitive Bid No. 10398 to Jacobs Office Interiors of Auburn, CA for the purchase of ergonomic chairs in the maximum amount of $120,000 for the period of April 1, 2016 through March 31, 2017.
2. Approve option to renew resulting blanket purchase order for one additional one-year terms with a renewal amount not to exceed 10 percent in aggregate of the original award amount.
3. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign all required documents.
1. Approve the award of competitive Bid No. 10520 to US Imaging of Saginaw, MI for Conversion of Archival Book/Microfilm/Microfiche in an amount not to exceed $347,400.
2. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to execute all required documents.
1. Approve a one-year extension of a Qualified List of firms, as the result of competitive Request for Qualifications No. 10069, for plan check and field inspection services to be provided as needed to the Community Development Resource Agency for the period of March 01, 2016 to February 28, 2017.
2. Approve the annual renewal of competitively awarded Blanket Purchase Orders with CSG Consultants of Sacramento, CA, Interwest Consulting Group of Elk Grove, CA, and Willdan Engineering of Sacramento, CA, for plan check and field inspection services for the Community Development Resource Agency in the maximum aggregate amount of $400,000 for the period of March 01, 2016 to February 28, 2017. Funding is provided by the Building Services Division FY 2015-16 Final Budget and FY 2016-17 Requested Budget.
3. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to transfer funds between blanket purchase orders as needed.
4. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign all required documents.
10. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
1. Adopt a Resolution in support of the Tour de Tahoe-Bike Big Blue – Ride to Cure Diabetes on September 11, 2016 in Placer County.
1. Adopt a Resolution in support of the "America's Most Beautiful Bike Ride" to be held on Sunday, June 5, 2016 around Lake Tahoe.
11. CLAIMS AGAINST THE COUNTY
1. Reject the following claims, as recommended by the offices of County Counsel and Risk Management.
a. 16-023 Blank, Melanie (Property Damage) $500
b. 16-029 Jahnke, Pamela (Personal Injury) $25,000
c. 16-030 Polivy, David (Personal Injury) $25,000
d. 16-031 Stephens, Jamille (Personal Injury) $6,600
12. COMMITTEES & COMMISSIONS
1. Approve the appointment of Aaron Bromberg to the unexpired term of Seat #5 (Representing District 5), as requested by Supervisor Montgomery.
13. COUNTY COUNSEL
1. Approve the amendment to CN013539 for professional legal services provided by Resources Law Group, LLC for the necessary legal services related to the preparation of the Placer County Conservation Plan. The amendment would increase the total contract amount an additional $95,975.00.
14. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
1. Adopt a Resolution reaffirming a Local Emergency in Placer County due to tree mortality.
15. DISTRICT ATTORNEY
1. Approve the annual payment to Constellation Justice Systems for maintenance of the Damion Case Management System in the amount of $73,137.
16. HUMAN RESOURCES
1. Adopt an Ordinance, introduced on March 08, 2016, amending the un-codified Schedule of Classifications and Compensation Ordinance and the un-codified Allocation of Positions to Departments Ordinance, regarding the creation of the Business Process Analyst and approving a salary adjustment to the Child Support Supervisor classification from salary Grade GNRL 91 ($26.05 to $31.66/hourly) to GNRL 103 ($28.72 - $34.91/hourly).
17. PUBLIC WORKS & FACILITIES
1. Adopt a Resolution authorizing the Director of Public Works and Facilities, or designee, to execute a landscape maintenance agreement with the Caltrans to install, operate, and maintain radar speed advisory signs along Highway 267 in the north Lake Tahoe area, and to execute future amendments as necessary to add or modify signs as agreed upon between the County and Caltrans.
1. Adopt a Resolution to abandon portions of an Offer of Dedication for a “blanket” Drainage Easement over Lot M, created with the Timilick Tahoe Phase 2A Subdivision.
1. Adopt a Resolution accepting Construction Contract No. 1199 Pavement Marker Installation on Various Placer County Roadways as complete, and Authorize the Director of Public Works and Facilities, or designee, to execute a Notice of Completion for the Pavement Marker Installation on Various Placer County Roadways.
1. Approve project plans and specifications for the Petite Creek Lift Station Improvement Project 04968 at an estimated cost of $485,000, and authorize the Director of Public Works and Facilities, or designee, to advertise for bids.
1. Approve a Budget Revision in the County Service Area 28, Zone 173 - Dry Creek Sewer Budget to cancel reserves in the amount of $290,333 to reimburse the Cook-Riolo Road Bridge Replacement Capital Project Budget for the relocation of an existing 24-inch recycled water line.
1. Adopt a Resolution authorizing the Director of Public Works and Facilities, or designee, to execute the Ground Lease with the Foresthill Swimming and Recreation Corporation allowing continued use and operation of the pool facilities located at the Foresthill Leroy Botts Memorial Park for 10 years, renewed annually thereafter, at an annual rent of $1.00.
1. Adopt a Resolution in accordance with Section 1978 of the California Streets and Highways Code, supporting Caltrans in the placement of signs along state highways at Placer County borders stating or adding to their existing signs the following statement: “Where We Honor Veterans.”
1. Adopt a Resolution authorizing the Director of Public Works and Facilities, or designee, to execute a Memorandum of Understanding with Nevada County to contribute a matching share contribution not to exceed $154,228 to fund improvements on Donner Pass Road within Placer County’s jurisdiction for the period of March 22, 2016 to December 21, 2020.
18. REVENUE SHARING – In approving the following appropriations, the Placer County Board of Supervisors makes the finding that each and every approved contribution serves a public purpose by promoting the general welfare of the County and its inhabitants; therefore, the County benefits.
1. Approve appropriation of $100 in Revenue Sharing monies to Foresthill High School Wildfire Booster Club to support the Safe and Sober Grad Night Event for Foresthill High School Seniors as requested by Supervisor Holmes.
1. Approve and authorize the County Executive to sign and execute the Intergovernmental Agency Agreement (IAA) regarding the recently purchased regionally interoperable 9-1-1 telephone system.
20. TREASURER-TAX COLLECTOR
1. Approve waiver of the mPOWER processing fee of $1,300 per non-residential and $500 per residential for any application that includes a water conservation component of at least $1,500 or more for applications received between May 01, and October 31, 2016.
1. Adopt a Resolution approving the Placer County Treasurer’s Statement of Investment Policy for the year 2016 pursuant to Government Code Section 53646.
ADJOURNMENT – To next regular meeting, on April 05, 2016.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ UPCOMING MEETING SCHEDULE:
April 05, 2016
April 18, 2016 – Tahoe
April 19, 2016 – Tahoe
May 03, 2016
May 17, 2016
June 07, 2016
June 21, 2016
July 12, 2016
July 25, 2016 – Tahoe
July 26, 2016 – Tahoe
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors Office, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, during normal business hours. Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
Any document submitted for consideration shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603 no later than 5:00 p.m. the day before the scheduled meeting. Any documentation submitted at any noticed videoconferencing site will become part of the official record, but will not be disseminated to the Board prior to the Board’s action. NOTE: An alternate location may be offered as a courtesy for a Board meeting but may be closed due to inclement weather or may not be available if technology fails. If the site is closed due to inclement weather, a notice will be posted by 9:00 a.m. the day of the Board meeting.
Agendas are available online at Placer County’s website www.placer.ca.gov