COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Tuesday, February 06, 2018
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Jack Duran, District 1, Vice Chair Todd Leopold, County Executive Officer
Robert Weygandt, District 2 Gerald O. Carden, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3, Chair Teri Ivaldi, Chief of Staff
Kirk Uhler, District 4 Megan Wood, Clerk of the Board
Jennifer Montgomery, District 5
Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
Any person interested in viewing or addressing the Board during the Board meeting by interactive video may do so at the Placer County Administrative Offices - Tahoe City, 775 North Lake Boulevard, Tahoe City, CA 96145.
FLAG SALUTE – Led by County Executive Todd Leopold
CONSENT AGENDA - All items on the Consent Agenda have been recommended for approval by the County Executive Department. All items will be approved by a single roll call vote. Anyone may ask to address Consent items prior to the Board taking action, and the item may be moved for discussion.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Persons may address the Board on items not on this agenda. Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person since the time allocated for Public Comment is 15 minutes. If all comments cannot be heard within the 15-minute time limit, the Public Comment period will be taken up at the end of the regular session. The Board is not permitted to take any action on items addressed under Public Comment.
BOARD MEMBER AND COUNTY EXECUTIVE REPORTS:
1. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
1. Present a Commendation for Assistant Community Development Resource Agency Director Paul Thompson for more than 30 years of service with the County of Placer.
2. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
1. Present a proclamation designating February 2018 as Grand Jury Awareness Month in Placer County.
3. PUBLIC WORKS & FACILITIES
1. Conduct a Public Hearing pursuant to California Government Code Section 52201 and adopt a Resolution to approve the Purchase and Sale Agreement for the sale of the 3.5-acre Kings Beach Center (16 improved parcels), located on North Lake Boulevard and Salmon Avenue in Kings Beach, CA to Kings Beach Center, LLC for $3,000,000, and authorize the Director of Public Works and Facilities, or designee, to take all necessary actions to complete the sale of the property, in substantial conformance to material terms and subject to County Counsel concurrence.
4. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
1. Conduct a Public Hearing to receive input on a proposed closure of the Placer County Public Health Laboratory (Health & Safety Code Section 1442.5) and the contracting of public health laboratory services to Sacramento County Public Health Laboratory, and approve closure to occur between May 01, 2018 and June 30, 2018.
2. Authorize the Director of Health and Human Services to conclude negotiations and execute a contract with Sacramento County for public health laboratory services for the period of March 01, 2018, through March 01, 2020, for a total amount not to exceed $50,000 with Risk Management and County Counsel concurrence, and to sign amendments not to exceed 10 percent of the total contract amount, consistent with the subject matter and scope of work with Risk Management and County Counsel concurrence.
3. Designate the Department of Health and Human Services as the agency to provide a 24-hour information service regarding the closure of the Placer County Public Health Laboratory and the alternative availability of such services, and provide for the listing in an appropriate telephone directory, as set forth in Health & Safety Code Section 1442.5(b)(3) and (4).
4. Adopt a Resolution delegating authority to the County Executive Officer to direct the Health and Human Services Director to lay off Placer County Public Health Laboratory employees based on necessity due to a lack of work, pursuant to Placer County Code section 3.08.1090 of the Placer County Code.
5. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
A. In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority | Older Adult Advisory Commission Annual Report and Placer County Five-Year Plan to Address a Growing Senior Population Annual Update
1. Accept the FY 2016-17 Placer County Older Adult Advisory Commission Annual Report.
2. Accept the Five-Year Plan for Meeting the Needs of a Growing Senior Population in Placer County - Recommendations and Implementation Annual Update.
6. PUBLIC WORKS & FACILITIES
A. Placer County Assessor’s Remodel | Award Bid to Bill Litchfield Construction, Inc. of Grass Valley, CA
1. Award the bid for Assessor’s Remodel in the Finance Administration Building to Litchfield Construction, Inc., in the amount of $452,940.39, funded in the Capital Projects Fund, Project No. 4808 and authorize the Director of Public Works and Facilities, or designee, to execute the contract, subject to Risk Management and County Counsel concurrence, and any necessary change orders consistent with the County Purchasing Manual and Section 20142 of the Public Contract Code.
1. Approve award of bid to Fregoso Builders, Inc., for Job Order Contracting in an amount not-to-exceed $1,000,000, for a 12 month period from the date of the first Notice to Proceed issued under the contract.
2. Authorize the Director of Public Works and Facilities, or designee, to execute the contract, subject to Risk Management and County Counsel concurrence, to sign Job Orders up to $250,000 and approve any supplemental Job Orders, consistent with the County Purchasing Manual and Section 20142 of the Public Contract Code.
1. Receive a report on the progress of the Countywide Parks, Trails, & Open Space Master Plan.
7. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
1. Approve the Placer County 2018 Legislative Platform and authorize staff to pursue actions and to coordinate the advocacy program.
8. COUNTY COUNSEL/ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION: Pursuant to the cited authority (all references are to the Government Code), the Board of Supervisors will hold a closed session to discuss the following listed items. A report of any action taken will be presented prior to adjournment.
(A) §54956.9 – CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
1. Existing Litigation (Government Code §54956.9(d)(1)):
(a). Beau Bangert v. Placer County, et al.
U.S. District Court, Eastern District Case No. 2:17-cv-01667-MCE-GGH
(b). Christopher Langley v. Placer County, et al.
U.S. District Court, Eastern District Case No. 2:17-cv-00760-GEB-KJN
(c). Brendan Coleman v. Placer County, et al.
U.S. District Court, Eastern District Case No. 2:17-cv-01579-WBS-CKD
(d). Christopher Kershner v. Placer County, et al.
U.S. District Court, Eastern District Case No. 2:17-cv-02312-MCE-GGH
(e). In re Sally Lobb, WCAB Claim
WCAB Claim No.: ADJ10508225
(f). In re Darren Butcher, WCAB Claim
WCAB Claim No.: ADJ9920054
(g). In re Daniel Burghardt, WCAB Claim
WCAB Claim No.: ADJ6663466
9. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES/PROCUREMENT - In accordance with County Policy, non-contested competitively awarded bids under $400,000 are placed on the Consent Agenda.
A. Countywide Purchase of Industrial Supplies and Tools | Fastenal Company of Auburn, CA
1. Approve a change order to an agreement with Fastenal Company of Auburn, CA for the purchase of miscellaneous industrial supplies and tools to support countywide operations in the amount of $30,000 for a revised maximum amount of $80,000, effective through June 30, 2018.
2. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign all required documents.
B. Countywide Safety Products and Supplies | Fastenal Company of Auburn, CA
1. Approve a Countywide blanket purchase order with Fastenal Company of Auburn, CA for various safety products and supplies using a competitively bid public agency agreement, in the maximum amount of $100,000 for the period of January 01, 2018 through June 30, 2018. Funding is provided by County departments in the FY 2017-18 Final Budget and will be included in respective department’s FY 2018-19 Proposed Budgets.
C. Geotechnical Engineering and Material Testing Services | Qualified List of Various Firms
1. Approve the Qualified List based on the competitive Request for Qualifications No. 10669 for geotechnical engineering and material testing services to be provided for various Public Works projects for the period of February 06, 2018 to August 31, 2019.
2. Approve option to renew the resulting Qualified List on a year-to-year basis for three (3) additional one-year terms.
3. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign all required documents.
D. Herman Miller Systems Furniture | Miles Treaster and Associates of Sacramento, CA
1. Approve the award to Miles Treaster and Associates of Sacramento, CA for the purchase of Herman Miller systems furniture in the total aggregate amount of $58,552. Funding is included in Department of Public Works and Facilities FY 2017-18 Capital Projects Final Budget.
2. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign all required documents.
E. Employee Assistance Program Services | California State Association of Counties
1. Approve the renewed use of an agreement available through the California State Association of Counties for Employee Assistance Program Services in the maximum amount of $101,929 for the period of January 01, 2018 through December 31, 2018. Funding is included in the Human Resources Department’s FY 2017-18 Final Budget and the FY 2018-19 Proposed Budget.
2. Approve the option to renew the resulting agreement on a year-to-year basis for three additional one-year terms in the recommended award amount of $101,929 and authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign all required documents subject to departmental concurrence and available funding.
F. Digital ID System Maintenance | DataWorks Plus LLC of Greenville, SC
1. Approve the ratification and renewal of a negotiated agreement with DataWorks Plus LLC of Greenville, SC to provide maintenance and support for a digital photographic and fingerprint identification system in the total amount of $83,753 for the period October 01, 2017 through September 30, 2018. Funding is included in the Sheriff’s Office FY 2017-18 Final Budget.
2. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign all required documents.
A. Exotic Pest Detection Program | Contract with California Department of Food and Agriculture
1. Adopt a Resolution approving and authorizing the Agricultural Commissioner/Sealer to sign Contract No. 17-0126 with California Department of Food and Agriculture for reimbursement of County costs in the amount of $85,432 for enforcement of the mandated Exotic Pest Detection Trapping Program for FY 2017-18.
1. Approve a FY 2017-18 Budget Revision for the Agriculture Department in the amount of $4,100 (no net county cost) to pay sales tax on a capital asset purchase to the Department of Motor Vehicles.
A. Workday Training Aide and Support | Contract with WalkMe, Inc.
1. Approve and authorize the Auditor-Controller to execute a contract with WalkMe, Inc. to provide technical training and support for Workday in the amount not to exceed $103,968 for the period of February 28, 2018 through February 27, 2021. The cost to be absorbed by the Enterprise Resource Project budget and included in future fiscal year proposed budgets.
12. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
1. Approve the Minutes of January 09, 2018
13. CLAIMS AGAINST THE COUNTY
1. 18-003 Brooks, Linn O. (Property Damage) $534.94
14. COMMITTEES & COMMISSIONS
1. Approve the reappointment of Karla Gustafson (representing Placer County).
1. Appoint Gerald O. Carden, County Counsel, or a designated representative of the County Counsel’s office, and Anthony J. LaBouff, to the Law Library Board of Trustees.
1. Approve the reappointments of Gordon Takemoto to Seat# 3, Leonard Orsolini to Seat# 4 and Mark Riemer to Seat# 5 as requested by Supervisor Holmes.
1. Approve the reappointment of Merry Holiday-Hanson to Seat #3 (representing Placer Mosquito & Vector Control District) for a two-year term.
1. Approve the reappointment of Mark D’Ambrogi to Seat #1 (Representing Greater Colfax) and appointment of Captain John T. Lippold to the unexpired term of Seat #4 (Representing Placer Hills Fire Protection District) as requested by Supervisor Montgomery.
15. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
A. Snow Removal Services for Squaw Valley Trail | Agreement with the Squaw Valley Public Services District
1. Approve an agreement with the Squaw Valley Public Services District for snow removal services on 2.3 miles of trail in Squaw Valley for up to $70,000, for a contract term of November 15, 2017 through April 30, 2018. Funding is provided by the North Lake Tahoe Tourism and Promotions Budget and results in no net cost to the County General Fund.
1. Adopt a Resolution to reaffirm a local emergency in Placer County due to tree mortality.
16. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
1. Approve a change in the Master Fixed Asset List for HHS Public Health Whole Person Care program vehicle purchases from five vehicles (3) sedans and (2) vans to four vehicles (2) sedans, (1) van and (1) SUV, and authorize the Purchasing Manager to purchase the four vehicles in an amount not to exceed $118,834.
1. Approve a Commendation to Eldon Luce for his advocacy on behalf of older adults and individuals with disabilities.
17. HUMAN RESOURCES
1. Introduce an Ordinance amending the un-codified Allocations of Positions to Departments Ordinance. Oral reading waived.
a. Reallocate one Administrative Services Officer position (salary grade MNGT 415, $35.21-$42.76/hr) to Administrative Services Officer-Senior (salary grade MNGT 427 $39.67-$48.21/hr), for the Air Pollution Control District.
b. Reallocate one Administrative Services Officer-Senior position (salary grade MNGT 427, $39.67-$48.21/hr) to Administrative Services Officer (salary grade MNGT 415, $35.21-$42.76/hr), for the Clerk-Recorder-Elections Office.
c. Reallocate two Client Services Program Manager positions (salary grade MNGT 445, $47.44-$57.68/hr) to Administrative Services Manager (salary grade MNGT 452, $50.87-$61.82/hr), for the Health and Human Services Department.
1. Adopt an Ordinance, introduced January 09, 2018, amending the un-codified Schedule of Classifications and Compensation Ordinance and the un-codified Allocations of Positions to Departments Ordinance. Oral reading waived.
a. Retitle the Exhibit Preparator classification to Exhibit Technician, and change the salary grade from GNRL 49 ($3,404.86-$4,138.52 monthly) to GNRL 61 ($3,753.86-$4,652.71 monthly).
b. Create a new classification of Central Services Supervisor, salary grade GNRL 91 ($4,790.88-$5,823.38 monthly).
c. Abolish the Records Coordinator classification, salary grade GNRL 118 ($5,959.96 - $7,244.38 monthly).
1. Introduce an Ordinance amending the un-codified Schedule of Classifications and Compensation Ordinance, implementing the required salaries for the classifications covered by Measure F, and other law enforcement classifications, and confirming Board member salaries under Section 207 of the County Charter. Oral reading waived.
18. PUBLIC WORKS & FACILITIES
1. Approve a Consultant Services Agreement with MFDB Architects, Inc., at an amount not-to-exceed $54,890, to provide the design, specifications, and construction cost estimate in order to replace the failing generator systems at the Auburn Main Jail. Funding is available in the Capital Projects Fund in the FY 2017-18 Final Budget, Capital Projects Fund, Miscellaneous County Building Projects.
1. Approve the Consultant Services Agreement with Moniz Architecture to provide architectural and engineering services and develop plans and specifications for the Placer County Clerk-Recorder-Elections Department, Elections Warehouse, Project No. 4803, at the Placer County Government Center in an amount not-to-exceed $261,000. Funding is provided in the FY 2017-18 Final Budget in the Capital Projects Fund, Project No. 4803, Countywide Warehouse Space.
1. Adopt a Resolution to approve the Wastewater Operation Agreement and Wastewater Service by Contract between the Sacramento Regional County Sanitation District, the Sacramento Area Sewer District, and Placer County, and Placer County to consolidate existing agreements into one new agreement.
1. Adopt a Resolution of Intention to set a Public Hearing on March 06, 2018 at 9:00 am or soon thereafter to consider annexation of the Lognion property, located at 13055 Dry Creek Road in Auburn (APN 076-181-019-000), into the boundaries of Sewer Maintenance District 1 to provide sewer service.
1. Authorize a contract award to Water Systems Consulting of San Luis Obispo, CA to perform engineering consulting services for the Auburn Ravine Force Main Replacement project in the amount of $153,220, and authorize the Director of Public Works and Facilities, or designee, to execute the contract and change orders up to 10 percent ($15,322) of the contract amount. Funding is included in the FY 2017-18 Capital Project 04958 – Auburn Ravine Force Main Replacement Project funded from SMD1 user fees.
1. Adopt a Resolution directing the preparation of the Engineer’s Report for FY 2018-19 for the Granite Bay Parks, Trails and Open Space Assessment District.
19. REVENUE SHARING – In approving the following appropriations, the Placer County Board of Supervisors makes the finding that each and every approved contribution serves a public purpose by promoting the general welfare of the County and its inhabitants; therefore, the County benefits.
1. Approve appropriation of $750 in Revenue Sharing monies to Rocklin Area Chamber of Commerce as requested by Supervisor Weygandt ($250) and Supervisor Holmes ($500).
1. Approve appropriation of $1,250 in Revenue Sharing monies to Rocklin Area Chamber of Commerce as requested by Supervisor Weygandt ($625), Supervisor Holmes ($625).
1. In accordance with Resolution Number 2008-35 and Government Code Section 26906, is a report of refunds of $5,000 or less issued by the Auditor-Controller during the period of January 01, 2017 to December 31, 2017. Refunds of $5,000 or less totaled $8,157.91.
1. Auditor-Controller’s Independent Accountant’s Report on the Treasurer’s Statement of Assets. This statement is for the quarter ended September 30, 2017.
21. HUMAN RESOURCES
22. TREASURER/TAX COLLECTOR
ADJOURNMENT – To next regular meeting on February 20, 2018.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ UPCOMING MEETING SCHEDULE:
February 20, 2018
March 06, 2018
March 20, 2018
April 10, 2018
April 23, 2018 (Tahoe)
April 24, 2018 (Tahoe)
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors Office, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, during normal business hours. Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
Any document submitted for consideration shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603 no later than 5:00 p.m. the day before the scheduled meeting. Any documentation submitted at any noticed videoconferencing site will become part of the official record, but will not be disseminated to the Board prior to the Board’s action. NOTE: An alternate location may be offered as a courtesy for a Board meeting but may be closed due to inclement weather or may not be available if technology fails. If the site is closed due to inclement weather, a notice will be posted by 9:00 a.m. the day of the Board meeting.
Agendas are available online at Placer County’s website www.placer.ca.gov